Who the Plan is For
Currently, CHRISTUS Health Plan Generations and Generations Plus (HMO) are available to residents in Los Alamos, Rio Arriba, Santa Fe and San Miguel counties in New Mexico and Cherokee, Smith and Wood counties in Texas. Effective January 1, 2019, our plans will also be available for residents in Camp, Franklin, Gregg, Harrison, Hopkins, Marion, Morris, Panola, Titus and Upshur counties in Texas. For more information, read about eligibility and coverage.
To be eligible for CHRISTUS Health Plan Generations or Generations Plus (HMO), you must meet these requirements:
- Must physically live in the service areas within New Mexico or Texas and meet all terms and conditions for coverage in this policy.
- Must be eligible for Medicare.
- Must pay your deductible, copay or coinsurance at the time you receive covered services. CHRISTUS Health Plan will reimburse the provider balance due for covered services. Your summary of benefits can be found in the forms and documents section with more information on cost sharing.
Enroll in Your Medicare Advantage Plan
Are you ready to enroll in a health plan that has you completely covered? There are a few simple ways you can sign up for the CHRISTUS Health Plan Generations and Generations Plus (HMO):
- You can sign up online through Medicare.gov. Get started by entering your zip code and then select “CHRISTUS Health Plan Generations" or "CHRISTUS Health Plan Generations Plus.”
- You can also get more information by calling member services at 844-282-3026 (711 for TTY users) or download a Medicare Advantage Enrollment form and mail it to
CHRISTUS Health Plan
ATTN: Enrollment Department
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
Medicare Advantage Enrollment Forms
You can also sign up for the plan via logging on the CHRISTUS Health Plan website or utilizing a broker/agent in the area in which you live.
Open enrollment begins October 15, 2018, and ends December 7, 2018. Stay up to date on how to enroll, eligibility requirements, and the Special Enrollment Period when you turn 65.
Dis-enrolling in CHRISTUS Health Plan Generations
When ending your membership with CHRISTUS Health Plan Generations and Generations Plus (HMO), it’s important to know your rights. There are two ways you can leave our plan:
- Voluntary (you choose to leave): You may voluntarily end your membership during certain times of the year or in certain situations. The process for leaving can vary depending on your type of coverage. You can call us with questions at 1-844-282-3026 with questions (711 for TTY users). Oct. 1 – Mar. 31: Member Service Representatives are available seven days a week, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. local time. Apr. 1 – Sept. 30: Member Service Representatives are available Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. local time. Interactive voice response system or similar technologies for Thanksgiving and Christmas Day (messages will be returned within one (1) business day).
- Involuntary (you are forced to leave): In some situations, we may require you to end your membership.
If leaving, you must continue to get your medical care through our plan until your membership ends. You can review your rights and responsibilities or review Chapter 8 in your Evidence of Coverage (en Espanol).